Building bridges through friendship
Sant’Egidio is a global Christian movement of volunteer communities focused on service to the poor, peace-building, and prayer. Sant’Egidio serves those who are most in need – the homeless, at-risk children, elderly, and prisoners.
- Vigil on the Anniversary of August 6-9 1945The morning of August 6, 1945, while still evening in New York City, the atomic bomb was dropped for the […]
- No more victims at the border: A call for Humanitarian Corridors in the United States￼In light of the tragedy of the more than 50 immigrants found in San Antonio this morning, we express our […]
- March for Our LivesOn Saturday June 11, members of the Community of Sant’Egidio around the United States attended the March for Our Lives […]
- Pope Francis’s Historic Gesture for Peace in South SudanPope Francis will travel to South Sudan in July. Three years ago, he shocked the country’s leaders with this gesture […]
- Holy Week and Easter of Resurrection 2022In this Holy Week let us be silent in our hearts and follow the Lord Jesus on the path of […]
A Christian community made up of many generations – from the youngest to the oldest – dedicated to serving the poor and most marginalized.